A frequent question encountered in the early stages of a client engagement is: what are the recommended Windows Client Tier Image Requirements (Virtual machine image or Desktop)? However, I have never found this information to be satisfactorily documented by IBM. So, invariably, we end up providing our best guidance based on experience, which in the case of the normal InfoSphere Information Server (IIS) installation is provided in the table below.
Recommended Developer Client Tier Characteristics
Application Directory Storage
|8 GB or Larger|
|6 GB or More||This should be a developer images, so, more is better. Especially, given the other applications, which the developer may also be using simultaneously.|
|CPU Cores||2 or more||This should be a developer images, so, more is better. Especially, given the other applications, which the developer may also be using simultaneously.|
|N/A||Users performing the client software installation, must have full Administrative rights on the Virtual Machine image or individual workstation.|
|N/A||All Firewalls and virus protection software needs to be disabled on the client, while client software installation is in progress. Also, required Infosphere firewall ports for the client tools must be open to use the tools.|
- InfoSphere Information Server, Version 184.108.40.206 for Linux
- Application Bitness
- InfoSphere Information Server 220.127.116.11, System requirements
- InfoSphere Information Server 18.104.22.168 on Windows, Windows 10 Enterprise x86-64
- InfoSphere Information Server InfoSphere Information Server 11.5, Information Server Architecture, concepts Tiers and components, Client tier
- What are the Tiers of InfoSphere Information Server (IIS)?
- What is an Infosphere Information Server (IIS) Tier?