While helping a customer we encountered the [SQLCODE=HY000][Native=46] ERROR, which was a new one for me. So here are a few notes to help the next unlucky soul may run into the error.
Netezza Error Reason:
- [SQLCODE=HY008][Native=51] Operation canceled; [SQLCODE=HY000][Native=46] ERROR: External Table : count of bad input rows reached maxerrors limit
What Does the Error Mean
- In a nutshell, it means invalid data was submitted and could not be inserted.
What To Do
- Basically, you need to go to the Netezza logs to see why the rows were rejected and resolve input data error, then resubmit your transactions. The logs are temporary and reused, so, you need to get to them before they are overwritten.
Where Are The Data Logs
- In linux the logs can be found in /tmp:
For nzload Methods Logs
- /tmp/database name.table name.nzlog
- /tmp/database name.table name.nzbad
For External Table Load Logs
- /tmp/external table name.log
- /tmp/external table name.bad