With summer weather setting on in hot temperatures rolling in, it’s time to consider those cool beverages which will help keep the heat off you at least make you happy and come more comfortable as you enjoy the days.
This recipe comes from the 1940s. It is a simple easy way to combine a couple of favorites, namely coffee, and ice cream while staying cool at the same time.
- 1 1/2 pints chocolate ice cream
- 1-quart strong coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (whipped ) or commercial whipped cream (optional)
- Place a generous scoop of ice cream in each tall glass.
- Fill each glass with strong (according to your tastes) chilled coffee.
- Top each glass with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg.
- If desired, you could add some ice to this drink
- Also, you can stir or blend the ice cream and coffee until it was smooth
- Makes four glasses