A naked cheesecake requires no form of dressing with delicious toppings. After preparing this dessert, you have to decide what would serve as the topping. You can use fresh berries and chocolate, you just have to come up with something, or just serve it naked. This dessert is very delicious and can be served with anything. It’s effortless to make and doesn’t consume all your time.
|vanilla-flavored wafer-style cookie or favorite toasted wafer cookie flavor||15|
|Melted butter||½ cup||125 grams|
|Cream cheese – room temperature||2 ½ cups||500 grams|
|Castor sugar||1 cup||200 grams|
|Corn flour||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon|
|Sour cream||2 cups||460 grams|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C – 160 C fan forced.
- Prepare a greased 22cm springform pan. Use baking paper for the base of the pan.
- Using a food processor, crush biscuits. Add butter and process.
- Press the mixture into the base and sides of the baking pan. Shake and tap firmly as you go.
- Use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add cornflour to the mixture and beat, add the eggs one at a time. Continue beating as you add each egg until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Add sour cream and beat for few minutes until well combined.
- Pour into the springform pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes and turn off the oven but leave the door closed for another one hour.
- Put the pan on a wire rack. Allow it to cool off completely.
- Place cheesecake in the refrigerator for several hours or leave overnight before serving.
Use a chef’s knife to carefully cut into 12 serving slices and serve with your favorite juice.
How best to serve the dish?
Add a splash of red, blue, or white with fresh fruits or add a dollop of whipped cream for topping or you can serve naked with hot fudge, or caramel.
How to store
Allow to cool off completely, put in a well-sealed container, or use a plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator.
How long can it be stored?
It can be last for three days in the refrigerator.