Lemon icebox cake is a favorite among lemon lovers. I bet you’ll love this wonderful dessert during summer. This cheesecake is very creamy with a really light texture and a super fresh flavor.
|Ingredient||US measure||Metric measure|
|Lemon juice||¼ cup||59 ml|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 ¾ teaspoons||2 ¾ teaspoons|
|Cream cheese||1 ½ Ibs||3bars|
|Heavy cream||1 ¼ cups||150 grams|
|Sugar||¾ cup||150 grams|
|Grated lemon zest||1 teaspoon||1 teaspoon|
|Rectangular graham cracker||1 ½ cups||9 whole|
|Melted butter||5 tablespoons||5 tablespoons|
|Fresh Lemon juice||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon|
|Butter||2 tablespoons||2 tablespoons|
|Heavy cream||1 tablespoon||1 tablespoon|
|Sugar||½ cup||100 grams|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and adjust oven rack to middle position.
- In a food processor, pulse the crackers until finely ground.
- Add butter and lemon zest and pulse until well combined.
- Press the mixture onto the base of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack while making the curd.
- Whisk egg, egg yolk, cream, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Add the lemon juice and whisk.
- Cook on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture is thick like pudding. Remove and stir in the butter and cream.
- Press the mixture through a sieve into a small bowl and keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a small bowl, soak gelatin in ¼ cups of lemon juice and allow it to soften for 5 minutes.
- Microwave the mixture for about 30 seconds until it is bubbling around the edges and gelatin dissolves.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and salt for 2 minutes until it is smooth and creamy – scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Slowly add the cream and beat for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the gelatin mixture and ¼ cup of chilled curd.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes until smooth and airy.
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator and pour the filling into it and smooth the top.
- Pour thin lines of remaining curd on top of cake and create a decorative pattern by dragging paring knife through the lines.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 7 hours and remove sides of the pan.
Using a chef’s knife, carefully cut into slices and serve.
How best to serve the dish?
Serve slices with lemon zest or whipped cream.
How to store
Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator.
How long can it be stored?
The dessert can last for 2 days in the refrigerator.