These muffins are a healthier treat for breakfast. These delicious and healthy muffins contain carrot, orange, apple, yogurt, whole flour and porridge oat.
|Ingredient||US measure||Metric measure|
|Whole wheat self-raising flour||3.53 oz.||100 g|
|Porridge oats||13.76 oz.||390 g|
|Melted butter||3.53 oz.||100 g|
|Natural yogurt||1 tablespoon||15 ml|
|Ground cinnamon||1 tablespoon||15 ml|
|Baking soda||1 ½ teaspoons||7.5 ml|
|Brown sugar||5.29 0z.||150 g|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon||5 ml|
|Orange zest||1 pinch|
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (355 F.).
- Line muffin pan with a paper liner, or grease the bottom with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel and grate the apples and carrot.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat melted butter and eggs.
- Stir in yogurt and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, oats, salts, apples, carrots, and zest.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spoon batter into 8 muffin cups
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 8 muffins
How best to serve the dish?
Serve warm with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
How to store
Place muffins in a sealed container and to store your muffins for a long time, wrap them tightly in foil or put them in freezer bags, and store in the fridge.
How long can it be stored?
These muffins can be stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Frozen muffins can be stored for 3 months.