October is fast approaching, and a variety of pumpkin-spice recipes is sure to brace our kitchen. Pumpkin recipes taste delicious and give your body that extra boost of veggie goodness.
Pumpkin muffins are perfect breakfast treats as we settle into the fall. The spice blend gives them incredible autumn flavor.
|Cooked and pureed pumpkin||1 cup||250 ml|
|Organic whole wheat self-raising flour||7/8 cup||207 ml|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon||5 ml|
|Buttermilk or full-fat milk||¾ cup||180ml|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon||5 ml|
|Granulated white sugar||¾ cup||180 ml|
|Raisins or dried cranberries||1 cup||240 ml|
|Ground cinnamon||1 ½ teaspoons||7.5 ml|
|Salt||½ teaspoon||2.5 ml|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon||5 ml|
|Ground cloves||¼ teaspoon||1.25 ml|
|Ground ginger||½ teaspoon||2.5 ml|
|Nutmeg||¼ teaspoon||1.25 ml|
- Preheat oven to 400F or 205C and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Prepare the muffin pan (use a nonstick vegetable spray).
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the milk/egg/puree ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add raisins or dried cranberries
- Fill the muffin cups to about 2/3 full with the batter using an ice cream scoop (you can also use two spoons as an alternative).
- Place in your oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
How best to serve the dish?
These muffins can be enjoyed at any time of the day with your favorite drink.
How to store
Wrap each muffin in a paper towel and place them in a sealable bag or airtight container and store at room temperature for 5 days, or put them in the freezer.
How long can it be stored?
Frozen Pumpkin Muffins can last up to three months.