Even if you recognize the importance of a blog, you should also understand the fact that every blog post is unique. A blog that has relevant content of high quality to garner the attention of the audience and compel them to make repeat visits to your blog.
A blog post should always contain original content based on the relevant topics related to your blog. Your blog post should also inform and educate its readers with actionable and helpful information easily understood and easily consumable format. Additionally, the blog post should be no longer than absolutely necessary to convey the information–word count should not be the primary driver of blog post length.
A properly written blog post:
- Follows the best practices for the type of blog post being written,
- Facilitates reader scannability and tactful repetition of essential information ,
- Has a logical orderly structure which is easy for readers to follow,
- Uses grammar and spelling to facilitate reliability and minimize reader distraction, and
- Is written to leverage SEO opportunities without being overly repetitive, redundant, or compromising audience readability.
Images, infographics, and illustrations are important elements of a blog post and:
- Relevant to the topic of the blog post,
- Are optimized for rapid loading –especially, for mobile devices,
- Are of high quality, pixel density, and are professional in nature,
- have the media metadata properties completed to describe the media and to further facility seo,
- The volume of Images, infographics, and illustrations are minimized to those necessary to convey and/or reinforce the essential information of the blog.
To further assist your readers’ journey of discovery, relevant reference links, which:
- Internal reference links which Lead your reads to other relevant site posts and pages for additional information, and
- External posts which provide authoritative information which may be relevant to the post and is not available within your site.