This is a hearty, simple to prepare soup, which will stick to your ribs and warm your soul.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- Sour cream
- Fresh parsley
- Melt butter into a pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook through.
- Add leeks and potatoes and pour broth on top.
- Bring to a boil then simmer on low, covered.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients into a puree.
- Pour in peas and puree once more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into bowl and add sour cream and parsley.