Despite the multitude of books and recipes on the Internet for smoothies making your own is a relatively easy thing. With a little consideration for what you have available and the flavor patterns you want is super easy to make smoothies which are both healthy and pleasing for your family friends and our guests. Smoothies are an excellent way to have a cool drink during the hot days of summer are just at a little interesting variety to your day. To that end here is a quick guideline for building your own smoothie.
- Makes 1-2 servings
- 1 cup liquid of your choice like milk, tea, water, juice
- 1 cup of fresh fruit and or berries
- 1 cup tightly packed, chopped, fresh vegetables of your choice
- Gather all the ingredients and add into a blender and cover.
- Pulse blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve with crushed ice, if desired.
- These smoothies can also be made with frozen fruits and berries, just add a little extra (about a 1/2 cup) and skip the crushed ice. The more frozen fruit and berries you use the thicker the smoothie will be.
- you can also you crush juice and tea ice cubes to add more richness of flavor and color to the smoothies when served. consider using hibiscus (Jamaica) tea for cherry, plum or berry smoothies or lemongrass tea for citrus fruit smoothies.