Here is the 1960 strawberry blonde recipe, which is a quick any easy way to use some fresh strawberries.
- Makes 2 servings
- one blender
- one measuring cup
- one paring knife
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries washed, hulled, and diced
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon raspberry, red grape, pomegranate juice cranberry, or red jamaica tea (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or the equivalent of your favorite sweetener.
- wash, hull, and diced fresh ripe strawberries
- put strawberries in blender container
- get crushed ice from your refrigerator or other source and add ice to the blender container
- poor in milk
- cover blender container
- pulse blender until desired texture is achieved, normally a few pulses
- pour into serving glasses and garnish, if desired
- If working with frozen strawberries, use 2 cups of diced frozen strawberries and skip the crushed ice in a recipe. This will make it a little richer, a little colder, and denser.
- Whole milk works best, but other types work fine, as well
- For a thick and extra rich drink try half milk and half yogurt (or greek yogurt)