Tonight, we had a couple for first time dishes, skillet glazed peaches were a nice and very simple way to put some fruit on the dinner plate, while peaches are in season. We liked this recipe so much that we made a second batch tonight to include in our launches.
- About 10 minutes
Skillet Glazed Peaches Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cornstarch as a thickener (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sweetener (we used Splenda)
- 4 peaches, pitted and sliced into even ½ inch-thick wedges
Skillet Glazed Peaches Directions
- In a small dish combine the sweetener, cornstarch, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
- Melt butter, on low, in a non-stick skillet or large pan
- Add peach wedges to the skillet with the melted butter
- Turn the cooking temperature to medium-high.
- stirring occasionally, until the peaches begin to show a little browning, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly sprinkle the sweetener mix while stirring the peaches.
- Continue cooking until you archive the level of doneness and browning you desire. Be careful not to cook the peaches too much.
- Serve while hot.