This is a straightforward summertime icebox (no-bake) recipe, which takes advantage of common modern ingredients. With a little lead time, this cheesecake recipe could be an easy weeknight recipe, as well.
The great thing about this summertime icebox (no-bake) cheesecake recipe is that you need not cook anything if you purchase all the ingredients ahead of time or happen to have the ingredients already. Additionally, for many people, it has the added advantage of not needing gelatin.
The toppings for this recipe can be as flexible as you like them to be. You can top this summertime icebox (no-bake) cheesecake with just about anything. The toppings can range from a little spray on whipped cream, canned pie filling, fresh fruit, or that bottle of fruit syrup you have stored in the pantry. So, how you top this recipe is really only restrained by your creativity.
- 10 Minutes
- 3 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 6 Normal Size Servings
For The Filling
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tub (16 oz/1 Lb./453 g) Thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
For The Crust
- 1 ready-to-use 9 in (23 cm) Pie Crust, flavor of your choice or prebaked pie crust
For The Topping
- fresh fruit, canned fruit, or canned pie filling
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese and sugar until
- With a mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add Cool Whip and mix thoroughly
- spoon filling into crumb crust.
- Refrigerate hill for at least 3 hours.
- Cut, place on a chilled serving plate
- Top each serving with fresh fruit, canned fruit, or canned pie filling or drizzle with chocolate, strawberry, or caramel syrup