This chicken and spinach casserole is another FODMAP friendly, which makes a nice dinner for the mac & cheese lovers of the world. This casserole recipe also re-heats nicely in the microwave for a quick lunch or supper.
- 45 Minutes
- This recipe makes two servings
- 2 3/4 ounces, Macaroni (gluten-free)
- 1 ½ teaspoons, butter or cooking oil
- 4 ounces, Chicken Breast (cut into slices)
- ½ teaspoon, Sea Salt And Pepper (or more to season)
- ¼ teaspoon, Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon, Oregano (or more to season)
- 3 fluid ounces, Low-Fat Cream (lactose-free)
- 4 cups, Baby Spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 ounces, Cheddar Cheese (grated, divided)
- Preheat the oven to 355ºF (180ºC).
- Cook the Macaroni according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and Oregano. Stir well and cook the chicken over high heat for 6 – 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Pour in the cooking cream and add the spinach to the pan. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Add half of the cheese and stir well. Take off the heat.
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish and add the Macaroni. Stir until well combined and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and divide between plates.
Amount Per serving