Every kitchen in the world should have a staple recipe for vanilla muffins, just waiting to come alive. These muffins are incredibly tasty on their own, but they also make for a delicious cupcake base, ideal for buttercream frosting.
Vanilla muffins are so easy to make, it is only natural to have countless variations for this recipe. So, at the end of ours, you will find out precisely what makes it so unique.
- Avg. Prep. Time: 10 minutes
- Avg. Cooking Time:20 minutes
- Avg. Total Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 12 muffins
- Diet-friendly with: Vegetarian.
- No-no for: Keto, Candida, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-free.
- Salted butter – 4 oz (125g), at room temperature
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2, at room temperature
- Flour – 2 cups
- Vanilla sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Milk – 1 cup, at room temperature
- A muffin tin (or baking sheet)
- 12 paper muffin liners
- Two mixing bowls
- A toothpick
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Whisk, preferably electrical
- Preheat: the oven at 4000F (2000C). Place the muffin liners in the muffin tin or on the baking sheet.
- Mix: In the first bowl, combine the flour with vanilla sugar and baking powder.
- Whisk: In the second bowl, mix butter and sugar until fluffy and, at this point, add the eggs and whisk.
- Combine: the mixtures from both bowls and add milk. Keep mixing until you get a nice and smooth texture.
- Scoop and Fill: with the help of a couple of spoons, fill the muffin liners up to a 2/3 height – they will rise.
- Bake: the actual time might vary, but you should bake these muffins for about 18-20 minutes.
- As you might have noticed, we stressed the importance of having room temperature milk, eggs, and butter ready for our recipe. With this trick, you will use a bit less flour and the final texture will get a little creamier, as well.
- Every oven is unique, so go ahead and make some tests with a toothpick to check for muffin readiness – it should come out clean or with very little batter on it.
- Feel free to swap in between vanilla sugar and vanilla extract to find your own signature flavor.