There are few desserts more straightforward yet more delicious than the – this classic works well with dinner parties, while drinking a cup of coffee alone or with friends or family, or even as a quick breakfast. Best of all, it’s easy to make! Add a splash of Vanilla Quick Bread to this venerable dessert, and you’ve got something extraordinary on your hands.
Below, we’ll talk you through the steps of creating your own sweet and succulent Vanilla Quick Bread (loaf).
First, though, we’ll look at whether or not this dessert will fit your diet, the approximate preparation and cooking times, along with what equipment and ingredients you’ll need, and finally, the number of servings you’ll get out of this recipe.
Will Vanilla Quick Bread Fit My Diet?
As far as desserts go, Vanilla Quick Bread won’t be too tough on your waistline – with its natural ingredients and (intended) small serving size of one or two slices, it’s actually a (relatively) healthy one!
If you’re on the keto diet, however, a Vanilla Quick Bread will typically be relatively high in carbs – you could try replacing the sugar with erythritol, though. Substitute the wheat flour for almond flour, and you have yourself a low-carb, keto-friendly Vanilla Quick Bread!
For those on the Paleo diet, it’s possible to swap wheat flour with coconut flour to ensure this dessert is gluten-free.
For vegetarians and vegans, it is possible to create a without eggs or butter – try vegan butter and vegan buttermilk. Along with wheat flour, this will help you give the cake structure that eggs normally would, though you may find your cake is a bit softer and looser than a traditional Quick Bread.
Finally, for the candida diet, try replacing the flour with coconut flour and the sugar with erythritol.
Approximate Prep Time
- 10 Minutes
Approximate Cooking Time
- About 1 hour (60 minutes)
- 8×4 inch Loaf Pan
- Baking parchment (optional)
- Stand Mixer
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 cup (200 g) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Vanilla Quick Bread extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (400 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of baking powder
- With this recipe, you’ll get one loaf (quick bread) of Vanilla Quick Bread. Using an 8×4 inch loaf pan, this translates to about 9-12 slices depending on serving size.
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C)
- Butter your loaf pan.
(Optional) You can also line your loaf pan here – you do this by putting your pan on baking parchment, outlining it with a pen or pencil, and then cut out this shape with scissors. Put this cut out in the pan, creating a sling that will make it easier to lift the when it’s done.
- Put sugar, butter, and Vanilla Quick Bread extract into the bowl of your stand mixer and beat on medium to high speed for 2-3 minutes until the mixture feels soft and light.
- Now, add your eggs one at a time. Beat each one down, scrape the bowl, and then add the next one until all 4 eggs have been added to your mixture.
- Pour in flour and baking powder and mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour your finished batter into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes.
- Remove your Quick Bread from the oven. One way to check the doneness of your cake is to try the famous toothpick test: insert a toothpick into its interior from the top and, if it comes out clean, you’re good to go! Remove it from the pan, either using your sling or a spatula, and serve.
Vanilla Quick Bread tastes excellent on its own, but it also allows for a lot of experimentation – for example, you could create a Vanilla Quick Bread glaze and drizzle it on top. You can top with strawberries, whipped cream, or cinnamon. Try out some different things and see what works!