The lemon pound cake loaf is an excellent way to add a twist to your breakfast, brunch, or dessert. This simple treat has a pop of intense lemon flavor in every bite, and you’ll find it to be your go-to cake if you are a lemon lover. Making this loaf is really easy. Follow this traditional lemon pound cake loaf recipe to help with your baking.
Diet Plan For The Recipe
- Ideal for Ovo-Vegetarian and ketogenic diets
Approximate prep time
- 20 Minutes
Approximate Cooking Time
- 55 – 60 Minutes
- 8×4 inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pans
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- 3 eggs (large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour (285 grams)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (250 grams)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened (155 grams)
- 3/4 cup milk I used 2%) (180 grams)
How Many Will This Serve?
- This recipe can serve 8-12 depending on the thickness of the slices.
How To Serve/Plate And Garnish
- Cut the lemon pound cake loaf into slices and serve with tea for a classic treat.