Fall is upon us again, and it signals the return of the pumpkin spiced latte. This year, we will likely be enjoying the fall’s quintessential beverage from home.
Approximate prep time
- 15 – 20 minutes
Approximate cooking time
- 10 – 15 minutes
- Measuring cup
- small bowls
- Serving mugs.
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 cups brewed espresso/coffee
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin pie puree (homemade or canned)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (you can substitute with sugar or add no sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Dash of cinnamon
- Whipped cream
- First, brew the coffee. Either a light roast or a dark roast brew will do. The former has that extra caffeine kick-the latter will give your pumpkin spice latte a rich, smooth profile. Throw in a dash of cinnamon for more flavor (optional).
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Whisk to a fine mixture, and allow it to heat up until it’s steaming. Don’t let it boil, though. It might curdle the milk.
- If you want a foamy latte, you can pop the mix into the blender for about 15 seconds, just to make it frothy. This step is optional.
- This recipe serves two. Adjust the portions accordingly if you wish to serve fewer or more people.
How to Serve
- Pour your coffee into a large mug, then top it off with your hot pumpkin and milk mixture. Add a generous dollop of whipped cream on your drink, and sprinkle some pumpkin spice pie on top. If you didn’t add cinnamon to your coffee, now’s the time to sprinkle it on top too.
- Serve while hot, and enjoy!