Looking for a classic zucchini bread recipe that lives up to the name? This quintessential recipe will give you an incredibly sweet and moist bread that is perfect for breakfast and dessert. It is quick and easy to follow, allowing you to make use of your garden’s bountiful zucchini harvest. Here’s what you need to know to prepare this homemade zucchini bread.
Approximate Prep Time
- 15 minutes
Approximate Cooking time
- 60 minutes
- 8.5 x 4.5 inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pans
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (190 gms)
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup, white, granulated sugar (200 gams)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 grams) grated zucchini ( approx. 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil (80 gms), or unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F)
- Grease the loaf pan with baking oil. Cover it with the parchment paper, leaving 1-inch free ends on each side to be used as handles.
- Combine the dry ingredients: Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon until all ingredients are well combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients: In a larger bowl, mix the oil, grated zucchini, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar until they combine completely.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat to a soft mix.
- Add the grated zucchini to the batter and mix well
- Use a spatula to pour the batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing using the parchment paper handles.
- Give it time to cool completely before serving.
- Slice to serve 8-10 people
How To Serve
- You can serve it in slices with tea or coffee with a slather of butter or cream cheese to add the flavors.