An apple strudel made by puff pastry is easy to put together and can be perfect for any time- dessert, brunch, or breakfast. With our simplified traditional puff pastry apple strudel recipe, you can easily make your own at home.
- 30 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 1 hr 10 mins
- Approximately 6
List of ingredients
- 4 medium-sized apples- peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Place your chopped apples in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup golden raisin. Combine them all to create apple filling or mixture.
- Dust your working area lightly with flour and unfurl the puff pastry on it. Sprinkle the pastry with flour. Roll it out slightly using a rolling pin and arrange the apple mixture in the middle of your pastry lengthwise. Make sure to toss the apple filling until they evenly coat with the flour mixture. The flour will help thicken the juices released by the apple filling as it cooks
- Fold the pastry lengthwise around your apple filling and seal the pastry edges using water-wet fingers. Rub the pastry edges together so that it can become intact.
- Whisk the egg and milk together until they mix well, brush the mixture on top of the pastry.
- Place the strudel on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until you see the pastry turn golden brown. Make sure you rotate it halfway through cooking
- You can serve your warm strudel a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.
- Dust with powdered sugar if you just want to give your strudel a simple, pretty look
- Or serve it with vanilla Ice cream for a tastier treat