We love rice pudding flavored with raisins! It is deliciously creamy and easy to prepare right in your home. We believe this pudding-type desert is going to be one of your favorites once you try it out.
Here is the classic rice pudding recipe with raisins.
Basic Recipe Information
- Approximate prep time: 10 minutes
- Approximate cooking time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 3 to 4 servings
Required Tools and Equipment
- Mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
- 2/3 cup of raisins or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 cups of whole or half and half milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Combine the cooked rice with sugar and 1 cup of milk in a saucepan. Mix the ingredients with a stirring spoon or wooden spoon.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. While cooking it, make sure to stir frequently until the mixture turns tender and creamy, just like yogurt.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. Pour the remaining cup of milk into the bowl and whisk. To temper, the egg mixture, add 1 cup of hot rice mixture into the bowl while whisking thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan, combining thoroughly with the remaining hot rice. Next, stir in the raisins and cinnamon.
- Lower the heat to about 1600F and cook the mixture for approximately 10 minutes. Remove your classic rice pudding from heat and allow it to cool a little bit before serving.
How to serve and garnish
Garnish the classic rice pudding with 1 cup of sweetened whipped cream. It can be served warm, preferably at room temperature. You can also freeze your rice pudding and enjoy it cold.