These chocolate cookies are a delicious variation on a very traditional combination of chocolate and chili peppers. Also, the chocolate chip cookies are an excellent way to add a little bit of sweetness and spice to your average day.
- Baking soda – 1\2 tsp
- Butter – 100 gr ( 3,5 oz / 1\2 cup)
- Cocoa powder – 50 gr ( 1,7 oz / 1\3 cup)
- Flour – 180 gr ( 6,3 oz / 11\2 cup)
- Honey- 100 gr ( 3,5 oz / 1\2 cup)
- Red hot pepper – 1\2 tsp
- Vanilla sugar – 1 tsp
- First, you need to prepare a base for cookies. Put honey and butter in a saucepan, put vanilla sugar, and red hot pepper. Put on medium heat, and let the mass melt, but make sure that it does not start to boil.
- When honey and butter melt, remove from heat and let cool slightly for a few minutes. Add soda and mix well, honey and oil will immediately become light and foam will form, this is a normal reaction.
- Separately, mix and sift the flour with cocoa powder and add in parts to the liquid base. The dough should turn out to be soft, homogeneous, and not sticky; flour may need a little more or less, depending on its quality.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put in the refrigerator for several hours.
- When the dough is cooled, roll into 8 -10 balls and place evenly placed on a baking sheet covered with parchment or silicone baking sheet
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180С (350F) for about 15 minutes
- Remove from oven, let cool and remove with a spatula, and enjoy.
- About 8 cookies