Fluffy peach scones are a decadent dessert that never fails to delight with a melt-in-the-mouth texture, buttery scones nestled with bits of fresh peaches is a must-have treat when it’s served fresh from the oven. Not only is it a perfect after-dinner dessert, but it can also be a miraculous accompaniment for those lazy beverage hours.
Scroll down to get your hands on the most delicious fresh peach scones recipe that brings it all in no more than an hour!
Basic Recipe Information
Approximate Preparation Time
- 30 minutes
Approximate Cooking Time
- 18 minutes
- 8 scones, serves 8 people
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or cooking whip
- Small bowl
- Pastry brush
Ingredients (U.S. and Metric Measures)
- Fresh-peeled peaches, diced -1 cup
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups – 500 gm
- Baking powder – 1 tablespoon – 5 gm
- Granulated sugar – 3 tablespoons – 45 gm
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon – 2.5 gm
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon – 2.5 gm
- Heavy cream – 1 cup and a little extra for brushing – 250 ml
- Cold unsalted butter – 6 tablespoons, cut into small cubes – 90 ml
- Pure vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon – 2.5 ml
- Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Set the sheet aside.
- You begin by whisking the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine sugar, baking powder, all-purpose flour, salt, and cinnamon and whisk them thoroughly.
- Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients mixture, mixing it until you achieve a coarse meal texture, with some large lumps of butter.
- It’s time to mix the liquid ingredients together. Whisk a cup of heavy cream and vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
- Gently pour the liquid mix over the flour mixture, stirring the same with a spatula until it forms a dough-like consistency.
- Lightly flour the countertop and transfer the dough to the same, followed by gently kneading it with your hands to make it into a ball. Pat the dough into a thick circle, cutting the scones into 8 smaller triangles using a sharp knife.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit while placing your peach scones on the lined baking sheet and putting them in the freezer for around 20 minutes.
- The next step is to bake the scones. Take them out from the freezer and coat them with some heavy cream using a pastry brush. Bake the scones for 18 to 23 minutes.
- Once the scones look a bit golden brown on the edges and the bottom, you can take them out and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. You can then transfer them to a wire cooling rack before serving.
How to Serve/Plate and Garnish
When it comes to serving those freshly prepared scones, the most popular condiments include a topping of your favorite jam, clotted cream, or a dollop of butter. A garnishing of honey vanilla glaze is also an excellent option! You can also club them with warm cup of tea, coffee, vanilla ice cream, or fluffy whipped cream to turn them into a mouth-watering dessert.