Are you a fan of a keto-friendly lifestyle? I’m super excited to share this delicious keto homemade pumpkin scone recipe with you. It’s heaven in every bite! Not too sweet, but tasty enough for a breakfast treat. They are easy and quick to make.
Basic Recipe Information
- Diet plan of the recipe: Keto
- Approximate prep time: 15 minutes
- Approximate cooking time: 30 minutes
- Mixing bowls
- Pastry blender
- Knife or pizza cutter
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet or tray
- Parchment paper or silicone mat
- 1/2 cup homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners erythritol sweetener
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 1800C or 3500F.
- Use a parchment paper or silicone mat to line the baking sheet or tray.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients – almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt. Mix half of the cold butter into the ingredients using a pastry blender. Alternatively, you can pulse these ingredients in a food processor.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, melted butter (remaining portion), egg, and vanilla. Whisk thoroughly until these wet ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mix. Pulse or mix with your hands until a dough forms. If the dough is too sticky to handle with ease, you can add a little almond flour as needed. Then, divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Transfer one dough onto the baking sheet or tray. Roll out the dough to create a 1/2-inch thick disk using your hands. Then, take a knife or pizza cutter and slice the disk of the pumpkin dough into 8 wedges (the pizza style). Repeat the procedure with the other part of the pumpkin dough.
- In the preheated oven, bake the pumpkin scones until they look golden brown. The baking time is usually 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place it on a wire rack to allow the scones to cool.
This homemade pumpkin scone recipe yields 16 scones, 1/2 inch thick and 6 inches long.
How to serve/plate and garnish
Pumpkin scones are best served cool. So, once they have cooled, you can drizzle a glaze on top of them. To make a glaze, here’s what you’ll need to do. Mix a confectioner erythritol sweetener in a small bowl with heavy cream whipping cream, and ground cinnamon to form a thin paste.