Nothing beats a perfectly seasoned homemade hamburger with your favorite side dishes and condiments. So skip the chive-through and pop open a cool drink as you chow down on this easy hamburger chili recipe!
This homemade comfort food will surely bring a pleasant surprise. For these easy-to-make chili burgers. you will be needing an iron skillet or a flat-top grill, a mixing bowl, and a whole lot of stomach space because these hearty homemade burgers are a crowd-pleaser. Done in just less than an hour.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- I can of condensed tomato
- I can of kidney beans
- 1/2 cup of minced onions
- 1/2 cup of minced green pepper
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- I tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 12 hamburger buns cut-side up
In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer beans, celery, onion, green pepper, and seasonings for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender enough. Set the chili aside, and using a separate mixing bowl, combine salt and pepper into the meat and mix until everything is well combined.
Gently divide the mixture into twelve (12) equal portions and shape them into a patty of around 1.5an thick. One tip is to create a dimple in the middle of the patty to add. This will help keep the size of the patty uniformed as it stops it from puffing up in the center. Place the patties in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend nicely and will avoid the patties from falling apart when cooked. Heat the iron skillet or grill to medium heat, then cook the patties for four (4)minutes per side.
How to serve/plate and garnish
- Plate bun bottom and patty, then cover with chili.
- Then Plate the top of the bun.
- The burger can be plated as an open-faced sandwich or a standard sandwich stack….stickly your choice.
- Plate your sides, like potato salad, creamed corn or chips
- Be sure to prepare some napkins, because this easy hamburger chili recipe will be saucy!
- Makes approximately 12 chili burgers
- There are no rules to creating the best burger patties. So, feel free to get creative and use a combination of your palmed meat. Some even use a ground chunk of sirloin with grind bacon for added flavor. Above all else, get the best quality ingredients you can find to take your chili burger to the next level,
- It is recommended to cook the patties to 160 degrees Fahrenheit / 71degrees Celsius to keep the patties moist and to ensure absolute bacteria safety.
- For a Chili cheeseburger, you can also top the burger patty with sliced cheese and continue to cook it until cheese begins to melt before assembling the burgers.