When you want to make easy classic American pancakes, you should follow these tips. The ingredients in this recipe are simple to prepare and they don’t require much time to cook. The eggs should be at room temperature before using them. Once the ingredients are mixed together, the batter should be allowed to rest for a few minutes. Then, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush the base of the pan with a little butter. Once the oil is hot, add the batter to the hot griddle. This will help the pancakes to cook evenly and be crisp.
You can also use buttermilk instead of ordinary milk to make your pancakes fluffy. The buttermilk acts as a natural preservative and imparts a tanginess that pairs beautifully with the maple syrup. If you don’t like maple syrup, try golden syrup, honey, or any other sweetener. These can be used instead of syrup for a more health-conscious breakfast. Aside from these, you can also use any other type of sugar you like.
To make easy classic American pancakes, prepare a large skillet and brush it with vegetable oil. In the meantime, make a batch of batter and keep it warm. Afterward, serve it with slices of banana and maple syrup for an extra-delicious breakfast. Just remember to keep the batter warm and serve it with more syrup if you want. If you’re going to eat it later, don’t forget to put the syrup on it.
Basic Recipe Information
- Approximate prep time: 10 minutes
- Approximate Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 large or jumbo eggs
- 2/ ¼ cups (500ml) whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups (315g) general-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50g) melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add half of the flour mixture and mix well to combine, then add the rest of the flour, salt, sugar, and the baking powder. Mix well until no lumps remain.
- Melt the butter in a microwave, drizzle over the batter, and mix to combine. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tsp of oil; use a paper towel or a brush to spread it evenly on the pan. Pour a ladleful of the pancake batter in the center of the frying pan and let it spread outward to form a round pancake. Cook until the edges are dry and most and pancake surface bubbles have popped for approximately 3 minutes, then flip and cook for a couple of minutes longer. Repeat until all batter is gone. (after every 2nd or 3rd pancake, Add more oil or butter to the pan.)
- 6 servings or about 15-17 pancakes
How to serve/plate and garnish
- Server hot with butter and warm syrup or other toppings as your family’s custom.