This salad combines fresh, summery watermelon with salty feta cheese. Arugula helps balance the sweetness and feta adds a salty attitude. You can substitute feta for fresh mozzarella or goat cheese. For added crunch, sprinkle with sunflower seeds. A seedless watermelon works best.
Basic Recipe Information
- 15 minutes
- 8 servings
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- 5 cups watermelon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups Feta cheese (cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon chives (fresh, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons mint (fresh, cut into thin ribbons)
- Place the watermelon, feta cheese, chives, and mint in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and honey.
- Whisk ingredients together until the honey is dissolved. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Combine dressing with watermelon mixture.
- Toss until everything is evenly coated with dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!