Slab pies are great for entertaining, and the mascarpone and white chocolate topping make the slab pumpkin pie something a little different. The combination should entice and delight your family and guests.
- 1 sheet of pie crust (14 oz)
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 ¼ cups canned pumpkin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 7 oz white chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 7 oz mascarpone
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into an 18×12-inch rectangle.
- Fit crust into 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides
- Cut off the excess dough from the edges
- Fold the dough slightly on the top edges of the pan.
- Put baking paper and pie weights over the dough so that does not swell. Pie weights will ensure a flat bottom when baked
- Bake 15 minutes to 380°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the canned pumpkin with the eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, and salt. After that pour into the prebaked crust.
- Bake 40 minutes and next cool completely for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate cream. Melt the white chocolate together with 1/2 heavy cream
- Separately beat the mascarpone with the mixer together with 1 1/2 heavy cream
- At the end mix this cream together with melted white chocolate
- After the pie has cooled, put the chocolate cream on top
- After keeping the pie in the fridge for 1 hour it can be served
- If you don’t have mascarpone, you can substitute creme fraiche or cream cheese.
- When you bake the pie, you will want to place the pie on the bottom or at least a lower shelf oven shelf to help the pie crust to cook thoroughly on the bottom.