If you are not sure why you should cook a classic Lasagna Alla Bolognese, not only is classic Lasagna Alla Bolognese tasty and filling, but the Lasagna Alla Bolognese is also a family style dish that can be cooked advance because:
- Lasagna retains heat. By refrigerating or freezing it, the lasagna can keep for several days. This helps to maintain the flavor and shelf life of the dish. Moreover, it helps prevent food-borne illnesses. Besides, lasagna retains its heat for up to an hour. You can also freeze it if you plan to serve it the next day. But make sure to store it properly.
- Lasagna Is Easy to reheat. You can easily reheat leftover lasagna roll-ups by placing them in a microwave, adding water and extra marinara sauce. Or, you can simply heat up the casserole in the oven, setting the oven temperature to 350degF for 20-30 minutes, or when the temperature reaches 165°F minutes. This way, the lasagna can be enjoyed within a couple of days. If you do not have time to make it the day before, you can freeze the leftover rolls in the freezer and serve them as soon as you want.
- 18 lasagna pasta sheets
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 large onions
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 ounces pancetta
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- ground pepper
- ½ cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk warmed
- ground pepper
- Clean the vegetables and cut them into small cubes. Cut pancetta the same
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook it, then add ground beef mix it with ground pork and cook it for 10 minutes.
- After the meat is little browned, add the vegetables and cook it another 5 minutes.
- After this time add the red wine and simmer until moisture is almost completely evaporated
- Finally add chicken stock, paste tomato, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer about 2 hours
- For bechamel sauce heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add flour and cook it whisking constantly for 2 minutes. Add the milk and whisk it. Reduce heat and boil it for 10 minutes. To the end add little nutmeg, seasoning with salt and ground pepper.
- Now assemble the lasagna. Spread 1 cup bechamel sauce in the prepared baking dish, top with a layer of lasagna pasta sheets, spread over 1/3 Bolognese sauce, add little mozzarella cheese, then 1 cup bechamel sauce and top with little parmesan. Repeat this process for a total of 3 layers
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F and bake the lasagna for 50 minutes with aluminum foil over.
- Let lasagna sit 30 minutes before serving.
- Makes 6 servings