For a satisfying dinner idea for the whole family, try this recipe for Ground Beef And Bean Potato Tot casserole. It’s delicious and it’s perfect for the whole family. With a few simple modifications, you can make this casserole a make-ahead meal for busy nights. Preparing it in two pans at once means that you can serve one at dinnertime and freeze the second. It’s easy to share a casserole with family and friends whenever you want!
A spicy version of this tater tot casserole makes use of some Red Hot sauce or pepper jack cheese, or a little fresh chopped chili pepper. With minimal ingredients, you can make a delicious meal in under an hour.
Basic Recipe Information
- 922 calories per serve
- 15 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g (1 pound) ground beef
- 555g (1.25 pounds) can of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas, corn, and carrot
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 50g (1.7 ounces) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 500g (18 ounces) frozen potato gems/tots
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F) /180C (350F) convection ovens.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add garlic.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef and break up with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add baked beans, vegetables, and sauces.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into an 8-cup-capacity baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Top with potato gems/tots.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley leaves.