An easy casserole recipe with ground beef, cheese, and potatoes – think meaty potatoes au gratin or cheesy scalloped potatoes with hamburger.
Basic Recipe Information
- 235 calories per serve
- 15 minutes
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounces) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup milk
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175C)/ 325 degrees F (160C).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain fat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture, and meat in an 11×7 inch (2 quart) baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Top with Cheddar cheese and continue baking until cheese is melted.