This recipe is a quick and easy way to prepare your family’s favorite comfort food. A classic Italian skillet sausage pasta is a filling, easy-to-make weeknight meal.
Using The Leftover Classic Italian Skillet Sausage Pasta
If you have leftover sausage pasta, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 2 days in this state. To reheat it, use the microwave method and stir to loosen the sauce. This microwavable meal can be stored for up to four days and makes a nice lunch or dinner. So, if you would fix this meal ahead of time, go for it.
Using Sweet, Mild, Or Spicy Italian Sausage
If you’re looking for a delicious meal for your family, consider this classic Italian skillet sausage pasta. You can easily adjust this classic Italian skillet sausage pasta recipe to your family’s tastes by choosing a quality sweet, mild, or spicy Italian sausage, also by adding some grated Parmesan cheese to the mix for a cheesy, flavorful meal.
- 1/2 pound of Italian sausage
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 oz basil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Chop the onion, green pepper, garlic, basil, and Italian sausage
- Heat the water in a pot, add 1 tablespoon of salt and boil the pasta for 8 minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the Italian sausage for 5 minutes
- Add the chopped onion, red pepper, garlic, and salt. Cook it for 5 minutes
- Add tomato pasta, oregano, and basil, and cook for 3 minutes
- After this step, add the cooked pasta and serve with grated parmesan and fresh basil
- Enjoy it!
- Makes 2 servings