Loaded with vegetables and chicken, this chicken pot pie casserole is the ultimate in comfort food. Its deliciously biscuit topping is reminiscent of chicken and dumplings. Try this chicken pot pie casserole if you’re looking for a delicious dish hardy meal!
When it comes to leftovers, chicken pot pie casserole can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. A chicken pot pie casserole will also keep well in the freezer.
How To Reheat?
Once thawed or taken from the refrigerator, reheat the casserole in a 3750F oven or microwave until the center reaches 1650F.
- 2 bone-in split chicken breast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup canned corn
- Ground pepper
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 spring rosemary
- ½ head garlic, cut in half
- ½ tbsp oregano
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- ½ cup cold buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken breast on both sides until they become brown, then season with salt and ground pepper. Cook it in the oven for 30 minutes at 340°F
- After it is cooked and cooled, remove the meat from the bone it and cut into pieces
- Put the milk with the rosemary, oregano, half head of garlic, and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes. After that, strain it through a sieve
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a pan and cook the carrots, onion, celery stalk, potato, and bay leaves for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter and flour and cook for 2 minutes, then add the chicken stock and milk and mix it well
- Add the frozen peas and canned corn and let it boil on low heat for 10 minutes
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, then add the cold cubed butter and crumble it.
- Add the egg and buttermilk. Knead the dough until the dough comes together
- Roll out the dough to about 1 inch thick. Cut out biscuits with a round cutter
- Place the chicken in a baking pan, put the white sauce mixture over the chicken, and add the biscuits dough on top, leaving a 1-inch space between them.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F or until the biscuits are golden brown
- Makes 4 servings