In recent history, I have been asked several times to describe where different IIS components fit in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process. The graphic above, list most of the more important IIS components in their relative SDLC relationships. However, it is important to note that that these are not absolutes. Many applications may cross boundaries depending on the practices of the individual company, the application spurt licensed by the company, and/or the applications implemented by the company. For example, many components will participate in the sustainment phase of SDLC, although I did not list him in that role. This is especially true, if you’re using the governance tools (e.g. governance catalog ) and supporting your sustainment activities with modeling and development tools, such as, data architect.
- InfoSphere Information Server (IIS) Component Descriptions
- Infosphere Datastage – Useful Links
- Infosphere DataStage – Node Best Practices
- Infosphere Information Server DataStage Scratch Disk Performance
- Infosphere Information Server – Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- What are the Infosphere DataStage job status log values?
- Infosphere Datastage – How to Generate Datastage Technical Design Job Reports
- Infosphere Datastage – Useful Date Transformations