Occasionally, there is a need to calculate the between two dates for any number of reasons. For example, the age of a person, of an asset, age of an event. So, having recently had to think about how to do this in a DataStage Transformer, rather in SQL, I thought it might be good to document a couple of approaches, which can provide the age. This code does it at the year level, however, if you need the decimal digits or other handling them the rounding within the DecimalToDecimal function can be changed accordingly. Age Calculation using Julian Date DecimalToDecimal((JulianDayFromDate(<>)Continue reading
Top Posts & Pages
- Using Irish Spring Soap As a Garden Repellent
- Three Great Crappie Fishing Tricks
- Using Baking Soda To Reduce Tomato Sauce Acidity
- When to Use an Extra Rinse in My Washing Machine
- Will Irish Spring Soap Kill Your Lawn Grass?
- Life Is What Happens to You While You're Making Other Plans
- Fall Garlic - How to Plant Fall Garlic
- DataStage – How to add or subtract from a date in a transformer stage
- Recipe - Chicken Spinach Casserole For Two
- Writing - Amazon Short Reads: How Many Words Equal A Page?