Did you know that you can create stunning flowcharts anywhere and at any time without spending a lot with the best flowchart makers? Flowcharts are handy as they streamline your work and life. Even though flowcharts makers are available on Windows and other platforms, one can create a flowchart on Excel or even make it on Microsoft Word. However, web-based solutions are better because all you need is a browser – everything else is done for you. This guide covers some of the best free online flowchart makers you will come across:
Lucidchart gives the users the ability to create great diagrams. It is pretty reliable with a drag and drop interface which makes everything easy and seamless. The platform contains pre-made templates that you choose from, or you can decide to use a blank canvas. Documents created by this best free online flowchart maker can be saved in various formats such as PNG, JPEG, PDF, Visio, and SVG.
- It points out opportunity areas in every process
- Multi-column flowcharts
- Copy and paste even across sheets
- Creative design features and fascinating color selection
- Easy formatting the notes and the processes
- It has a more detailed toolbar
- No 3D designs
- Could have some spelling and grammar errors
- The free version could be quite limited
If you require real-time collaboration on your ideal flowchart maker, then cacoo is the one. The maker comes with a fluid and streamlined interface that makes everything seem easy. It has different templates for any project you may handle, such as wireframes, flowcharts, Venn diagrams, and many other valuable charts. For the flowcharts, Cacoo gives you a wide range of shapes to select from – all you do is drag and drop what you need.
- Org charts
- Drag and drop feature for the charts
- Conceptual visualizations
- Wireframes for web development
- Easy to use
- The free version may be limited
- One cannot easily group images
- Requires more creative options
Gliffy is also the best free online flowchart maker one can get in the market. If you are looking for a lightweight and straightforward tool for your flowcharts, gliffy will satisfy your needs. With this platform, one can create a flowchart in seconds with just a few clicks. It comes with basic templates that help you achieve your objective with much ease.
- Great for creating easy diagrams, process flows, and wireframes
- Availability of templates make your life easier
- Intuitive flash interface
- Limitation on the color customization
- Presence of bugs when using browsers such as Google Chrome
- One cannot download the diagrams in different formats
With this platform, there is no signing up; all you need is storage space. Options available include Dropbox, Google Drive, your local storage, and OneDrive. You can decide to use the available templates or draw a new flowchart. With this platform, you can easily add arrows, shapes, and any other objects to your flowcharts. draw.io supports imports from Gliffy, SVG, JPEG, PNG, VSDX, and Lucidchart. You can also export in different formats like PDF, PNG, HTML XML, SVG, and JPEG.
- Produces high-quality diagrams
- Smart connectors
- Integrates with storage options like Google Drive
- Allows collaborative curation of diagrams
- Users can group shapes
- Z-order of shapes are not easy on this platform
- The app may lag when working with a browser
- Adding unique graphics and shapes may slow down its speed
It is another best free online flowchart maker for app designers and web developers. It is ideal for designing wireframes and user flows. It is very intuitive and comes with a variety of chart designs you can choose from. The platform has the drag and drop feature making everything easy. All you do is drag and drop your shapes, designs, and other items on a fresh canvas to create a stunning flowchart.
It has various connectors to select from. After the flowchart is complete, you can export the file as a JPG. It is a drawback to this platform in that you cannot export in several different formats.
- Simple to use
- User-friendly and intuitive
- Well-designed graphics
- Available templates
- A variety of different chart types
- Supports exports only in one format
- Takes time looking for the templates
- Limited color range
If you are looking for the best free online flowchart makers, you need to consider draw.io, wireflow, gliffy, and cacoo. These platforms will offer you high-quality graphic charts. They will make your work more effortless due to available templates and a wide range of other options to develop accessible and understandable flowcharts.
Links for the Flowchart Makers