Here is a very basic way to cook green beans. It would be difficult to find a much simpler recipe for fresh green beans.
If you are looking for a healthy and quick side dish, look no further than the classic green bean. You can use them with almost anything, from pasta and meat to vegetables and salad. They can also be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge. Green beans are one of those vegetables that are safe for kids to eat, and they add a good deal of nutrition to the meal. Here are a few ways to dress them up to make them more appealing.
- 12 ounces trimmed fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Wash green beans gently in cool water
- Prune the tips from both ends
- Place green beans in a large skillet; pour in 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. As soon as the water comes to a boil, cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and stir in butter.
- Cook until water evaporates (about 1 minute) and green beans are tender but firm.
- Sprinkle beans with salt and pepper.
- Serves 4 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
How To Serve
- Best served as a side dish to your main course.