What dinner table is and better for being grace graced with some fresh bread. These dinner rolls are tasty and allow your family and guests to help themselves. Additionally, they make an excellent side dish for holiday meals.
Corn Bread Dinner Roll Ingredients
- 1 cups of milk
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast, dissolve in warm water
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Corn Bread Dinner Roll Directions
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat simmer the milk for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornmeal and continue cooking and mixing until the mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled add the mixture into a bowl, add the yeast, the canola oil, and the honey.
- Mix well to combine everything.
- Add the salt and 2 eggs. Mix again.
- Little by little add the flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover.
- Reserve for about 3 hours so that the dough will double in size.
- Make 12 little balls and place each roll on a baking sheet cover with parchment paper.
- Place the rolls in a warm place ( a closed oven with the light on for example )let them rise again for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 ˚F.
- In a small bowl add 1 egg and mix with a fork.
- Brush the top of the rolls with egg and sprinkle cornmeal.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Prep time :
- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 4 hours
- This recipe makes about 12 servings
Comments are closed.