A festive treat that combines the cozy flavors of hot cocoa with the joy of holiday cookies
Inspired by the cold weather and the cozy moments we spend inside, a hot cocoa in our hands. So, this soft and chewy candy cane, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chip cookies seem like a perfect companion. These cookies would be the perfect addition to any Christmas cookie box or a good way to use all those candy cane candies lying around the house.
Approximate Prep Time
- 15 minutes
Approximate Cooking Time
- 20 minutes
Mixing bowl, hand mixer, baking tray, ice cream scoop
Hot Cocoa Soft Christmas Cookie Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (20g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (170g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 (20g) candy cane, crushed
- ¾ cup (40g) mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup (45g) dark chocolate, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and
- In another large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs until slightly frothy. Add the beaten eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix on low speed until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Gently fold in the chopped dark chocolate, crushed candy cane, and mini marshmallows into the cookie dough.
- Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight. This chilling step enhances the flavors and helps the cookies maintain their shape during baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop out portions of cookie dough and roll them into balls. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking trays, flatten them slightly, and leave some space between them to allow for spreading.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 11 minutes, or until the edges are set but the centers are still slightly soft. The cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking trays for a few minutes. Then, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy with a glass of milk or a warm cup of cocoa for the ultimate holiday experience!