With high data volumes and complex systems, database management is becoming more in-demand in today’s economy. Aside from keeping up with the business, organizations also need to innovate new ideas to progress further in the industry. With the use of database management tools, a web interface is provided for database administrators, allowing SQL queries to run.
What is DBeaver?
DBeaver is an open-source universal management tool that can help anyone in professionally working with their data. It will help you maneuver your data similar to a typical spreadsheet, construct analytical reports of various data storage records, and convey information. Effective SQL-editor, connection sessions monitoring, many administration features, and schema and data migration capabilities are imparted with DBeaver’s user on the advanced database. Aside from its usability, it also supports a wide array of databases.
Here are the other offers of DBeaver:
- Cloud data sources support
- Security standard of enterprise support
- Support of multiplatform
- Meticulous design and implementation of user interface
- Can work with other integration extensions
Will it run on both Linux and Windows?
DBeaver is downloadable for Windows 9/8/10, Mac OS X, and Linux. It requires at least Java 1.8 version, and OpenJDK 11 bundle is already included in DBeaver’s MacOS and Windows installer.
Main features of DBeaver
DBeaver main features include:
- Various data sources connection
- Edit and view data
- Advanced security
- Generate mock-data
- Built-in SQL editor
- Builds the visual query
- Transfer data
- Compares several database structures
- Search metadata
- And generates schema/database ER diagrams.
Which databases or database types does DBeaver support?
More than 80 databases are supported by DBeaver, and it includes some of the well-known databases such as:
- MS Access
- Apache Hive
- SQL Server
What are the most essential documentation links?
- DBeaver user guide: https://dbeaver.com/docs/dbeaver.pdf
- DBeaver documentation: https://dbeaver.com/files/documentation.pdf
- To download DBeaver: https://dbeaver.io/download/