This Blueberry Quick Bread recipe is (super) easy to make. The loaf comes out moist and sweet on the inside and just a bit crunchy on top. Perfect for busy mornings and lazy Sundays, as well.
- Avg. Prep. Time: 10 minutes
- Avg. Cooking Time: 65 minutes
- Avg. Total Time: 75 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 loaf (8 slices)
- One loaf pan (8.5-in x 4.5-in)
- One mixing bowl
- One silicone spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- One toothpick
- One cooling rack
- No mixer needed
- AP Flour – 1 1/2 cups (180g)
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup (100g)
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 small pinch
- Milk – 1/2 cup (120 ml)
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup (60ml)
- Egg – 1 (large)
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- Blueberries (rinsed and dried) – 1 1/2 cups (220g)
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 3500F (1750C) and grease and flour the loaf pan.
- In the mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt). Now, add the milk, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and egg and stir together until the batter is nice and moist – don’t overmix it.
- Combine the blueberries with one teaspoon of flour. With a silicone spatula, fold the blueberries gently into the batter. Remember not to overdo it. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle some sugar on top of it.
- Bake for about 60-70 minutes. Cool it for 15 minutes and, afterward, transfer it to the cooling rack to cool fully.
- Too much flour will turn the bread dry. Use a knife to level the cup.
- Baking times vary from oven to oven. You can use a toothpick to check for readiness – it should come out clean or with very little batter on it.
- In case you are not so fond of vanilla extract, you can swap it for vanilla sugar.
- If you’re using fresh blueberries, let them come to room temperature and dry them thoroughly after rinsing. You can also go for frozen blueberries, but don’t let them thaw. Add them to the batter directly from the freezer.
- Just like with most baked goods, you can freeze this delicious blueberry quick bread for about three months – slice it and store it in freezer bags. To defrost it, let it come to room temperature and reheat it in the oven for a few minutes.
Comments are closed.