If you are looking for a quick meal that is easy to prepare, then you should try making a meatloaf. This is an American classic that you will enjoy. You just need to make sure that you use the right ingredients. The key is to have the correct ratios of meat, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Adding the right ingredients will ensure that your meatloaf is as flavorful as possible.
Meatloaf needs some sides
Meatloaf is one of the most popular and classic American dishes. It’s a hearty main course that pairs well with several vegetables.
Meatloaf is an easy Classic dish to make
The best meatloaf is an easy-to-make meatloaf! This recipe will help you make a classic American meatloaf with ground beef and a fantastically sweet topping
- 10 minutes
- Approximately 55 minutes
- 1 lb. (0.5 kg) ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. dried parsley leaves
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (170 Celcius)
- Grab a large bowl. In it, place the beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, milk, 2 tablespoons of ketchup salt, garlic powder, parsley, and pepper. You will need to use your hands to mush the ingredients together. Keep on mixing until all the ingredients have been perfectly mixed.
- Take a loaf pan and place the mixture inside it. Make sure you pat it down to a perfectly even layer.
- Add a 1/4 cup ketchup, vinegar, and brown sugar inside a small bowl. Stir all the ingredients and pour the mix over the meatloaf.
- Insert the loaf pan in the oven. Leave to bake (uncovered) for about 55 minutes.
- Take out the meatloaf and let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe makes 8-10 servings
- If you don’t have a loaf pan handy, use an aluminum baking sheet and follow the steps above.
- If your meatloaf is falling apart, it may be because:
- You didn’t mix the beef with the other ingredients for long enough
- You didn’t add enough breadcrumbs
- You didn’t let it cool after taking it out of the oven
- You overcooked it. 50-55 minutes is all it takes to bake the meatloaf
Comments are closed.