If you are looking for an easy and cute cake for your child’s birthday party or having a celebration or gathering with kids, this is the recipe for you!
What kid isn’t mesmerized by cake or candy? This cake provides the best of both worlds with cake and candy to start that owe-oh interest and fascination early. And that doesn’t even cover the coconut and poppy seed in the cake for a unique look and flavor. Plus, a mascarpone frosting!
This will be a cake for the kids to remember!
For the cake
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ground poppy seeds
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
For the cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups mascarpone
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
For the topping
- 1 cup Kinder Country chocolate
- 1/2 cup black chocolate
- 1/8 cup chocolate crisps
- 1/2 cup Smarties candies
- 1/8 cup color sprinkles
- 1 tbsp grated almonds
- Beat the egg whites until they become fluffy. Add the salt and sugar gradually, and finally, the vanilla extract. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the poppy seeds and coconut and mix with a spatula, then add the flour and homogenize the composition.
- Place the dough in an 8×12-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let the cake cool completely; during this time, you can make the cream.
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar until it becomes fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the mascarpone and beat for 2 minutes. In the end, incorporate the maple syrup.
- Put the cream on the cake and level with a spatula. Put the cake in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Now is the time to decorate the cake and add the toppings with Kinder Country chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate crisps, Smarties candies, color sprinkles, and grated almonds.
- Slice and serve!
To cut an 8×12 cake into 12 servings, you can follow the following steps:
- Start by cutting the cake in half lengthwise (parallel to the longer 12-inch side). This will create two equal-sized sections, each measuring 4×12.
- Cut each of the two sections into three equal-sized portions by making two cuts perpendicular to the initial cut you made. This will divide each section into three squares, each measuring 4×4.
By following these steps, you will have a total of 12 servings. Each serving will be a square slice measuring approximately 4×4 inches.