With fall on the horizon, thoughts are turning to pumpkins – whether that’s carving them, cooking with them, or sourcing the best pumpkin spice lattes and candles. A great way to cook with pumpkins is to make an easy pumpkin quick bread.
A pumpkin quick bread is a moist bread made with pumpkin. Pumpkin can be cooked and added to the bread mix, or it can be purchased canned and baked with the bread. Using canned pumpkins makes the process easier and faster. You can add raisins or nuts to the bread if you like. This quick bread is sure to be a family favorite over the season and a recipe that you can adapt as needed.
Approximate Prep Time
- 10 Minutes
Approximate Cooking Time
- At least an hour, maybe 1hr 20.
What Will You Need?
- Two loaf pans.
- Parchment paper to line them.
- A can opener for the pumpkin.
- Scales or measuring cups.
- A skewer to test when the bread is done.
Pumpkin Quick Bread Ingredients.
- 1 cup (198g) of vegetable oil
- 2 2/3 cups (528g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- A 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup (152g) of water
- 3 1/3 cups (400g) of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- It is a good idea to start with this plainer loaf and experiment on the next batch. You can add in chocolate chips or golden raisins for sweet-toothed kids or maybe other fall flavors like cranberries.
- As you can see, we have opted for canned pumpkin as it is the easier option. You may prefer the taste of fresh, but that involves too much extra prep time with carving, deseeding, and straining the pulp.
- This means that preparations for this quick bread recipe are straightforward. Just gather your equipment and ingredients, grease and line your loaf tins, and get that oven set to 350 Fahrenheit.
- How To Bake Canned Pumpkin Quick Bread.
- Start by mixing all the wet ingredients in your mixing bowl. That’s the oil, eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Once well mixed, you can stir in the dry ingredients of the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- This is where you can then add in those optional ingredients for extra flavor if required. Make sure to mix them in well for even distribution.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the loaf tins and then bake for the designated time. Remember to check it with the skewer to be sure it is done.
- 2 loaves to carve as thick or thin as you want.
Serving Your Fresh Pumpkin Bread To Guests
- It is a good idea to leave your bread wrapped up overnight to get the best taste and texture. Then, it is ready to cave up and serve. The options here are endless based on tastes, and you can get experimental. Some people love to use this as a dessert with a caramel source and cream. Others toast it up with cream cheese for brunch.
- This is why this seemingly plain easy canned pumpkin quick bread recipe is so perfect for families this fall. You can take the basic loaf, use it in different ways to discover new favorites, and then bake a whole new batch with ease. Have fun with it and see if it becomes a staple each year.