This recipe is a taste summertime recipe and makes a nice addition to any meal meals. This recipe has the benefits of:
- This Lemon Icebox Pie uses no gelatin
- This Lemon Icebox Pie uses no Cool Whip
- No baking required.
- ½ to ¾ cup of lemon juice, according to taste
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar, Splenda, or your favorite powdered sweetener equivalent
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (12 ounces) condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (if using a prepared graham cracker crust)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 9 inch, prepared, graham cracker crust or blind-baked pie crust (fully cooked)
- Put softened cream cheese cubes in a large bowl and beat until soft and has no large lumps.
- Add milk and sweetener and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice, then beat until light and fluffy.
- If using a prepared graham cracker crust, with a small cooking brush, coat the prepared graham cracker crust with melted butter to soften it.
- Gently, Pour Lemon filling mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate the Lemon pie 4 hours or more before slicing.
- Plate the sliced Lemon pie, garnish with whip cream, if desired, and serve.
- Makes about 6-8 servings