Pumpkin Swiss Roll Cakes are perfect during this time of the year. This quick and easy recipe is ideal for holidays. The cream cheese filling and soft pumpkin cake is an excellent delicious dessert for everyone. Here is the super fast and easy recipe for a mess-free pumpkin cake roll.
Approximate Prep Time
- 60 minutes
Approximate Cooking Time
- 15 minutes
- 8 servings
- 15×10 inch roll pan
- Mixing bowls
For Pumpkin Roll Cake:
- 3/4 cup or 98g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup or 207g sugar
- 2/3 cup or 155g pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz or 226g cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tbsp or 28g salted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup or 173g powdered sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the 15×10 inch roll pan with parchment paper and secure that the parchment paper sticks up above an inch on all sides of the pan.
- Combine baking powder, spices, flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside after whisking.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree in another mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine well by folding it together. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Spread it evenly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven after baking the cake. Immediately lift the out of the pan using the parchment paper.
- Use the parchment paper to slowly roll the cake up, start at the shorter end of the cake. Do this while the cake is still hot.
- Set it aside and let the cake cool completely.
- For the filling, mix the butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar in a bowl until it is smooth and well combined.
- Carefully unroll the cooled cake and spread the filling evenly. Roll it back up. This time you don’t have to use the parchment paper.
- Wrap the Pumpkin Roll Cake in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator to firm up. Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
Plate and Garnish
When you are ready to serve the Pumpkin Roll Cake, you can dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar and then cut it into even slices. It is best served when chilled and stored or covered well.
Comments are closed.