This a Candida Diet friend version Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe, which we have found easy to prepare, tasty, and refreshing.
Quinoa Tabouleh Ingredients
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 Cup sweet onion, or green onions tops, or chive tops, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced (1/4 inch cubes)
- 2 medium tomatoes deseeded and diced (1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 Avacado diced (1/4 inch cubes)
Quinoa Tabouleh Dressing Ingredients:
- Juice of one lime, about a tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced or 3/4 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon salt (Optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
Quinoa Tabouleh Directions
- Gather all ingredients and necessary equipment
- Wash, prepare, measure vegetables and herbs.
- Rinse with hot water in a fine mesh wire strainer.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and the quinoa to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and Simmer the quinoa until all the water has evaporated—about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa to a mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Add tomatoes, onion, cucumber, parsley, and mint into the quinoa and mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, and white pepper.
- Add avocado and dressing to quinoa mix, and gently fold into the quinoa mix.
- Cover the quinoa mix and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- If the salad is prepared longer than an hour ahead, do not dice and add the avocado until ready to serve.