This isn’t your run-of-the-mill creamy Alfredo sauce, but it’s a much easier version to make a creamy white sauce for your pasta! And it takes no time!
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup broth (or water)
- 2 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp butter
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour and powdered milk mixture.
- Keep whisking and make sure there are no lumps until you create a roux.
- Gradually add the broth and keep whisking until smooth over medium-high heat.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens over low heat.
- Add the spices and mix them in your pasta of choice.