Are you a fan of whipped cream but would like to make use of gelatin? If yes, then it is quite obvious that you will find this article quite informative. We will try and explain the whole process detailing the ingredients required and the step-by-step approach for coming out with yummy, tasty, and highly nutritious whipped cream. There is no doubt that stabilized whipped with gelatin is a unique and different way of making whipped cream. It will be something that will find favor with young and old alike. So here goes that wonderfully delicious stabilized whipped cream with gelatin as one of the main ingredients. Those who have made it and tasted it believe that it could be a wonderful substitute for pies, muffins, and holiday cakes.
Have You Been Fascinated By The Fancy Desserts In Shops?
If you love having whipped cream, it is quite obvious that you would frequent many of the professional bakeries. They make some of the best and perfectly shaped fancy desserts and whipped creams. When you look at it, you might have a feeling that it is frosting. However, when you have a bite of it, you will realize that you are enjoying the perfect cream that is whippy, light, and extremely fresh & nutritious. It is quite possible that they could be using stabilized cream. You might be wondering whether it is possible to make the same kind of stabilized and whipped cream. Yes, it is very much possible provided you do it with the help of gelatin. Gelatin is a stabilizing agent and helps the cream to remain in place and prevents it from falling flat. It also will ensure that the cream does not melt and it does not become all goopy when it is made to sit around for a while. This process is very versatile, and it also could be used for frosting cupcakes and frost cakes. This is perhaps the best option and choice if you are looking for something that is lighter than the traditional heavy buttercream.
What Are The Ingredients Needed?
- A teaspoonful of gelatin that is unflavored (there are quite a few brands out there).
- Coldwater 4 teaspoonfuls.
- A cup of heavy cream.
- Powdered sugar of around 1/2 cup (you can increase or decrease quantity based on personal requirements).
- Vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoonful.
How To Get Started With The Actual Making
The process of making whipped cream with gelatin is quite easy. We are listing below the step-by-step approach for making it.
- To begin with, you have to have a small bowl and place cold water over it.
- Once this has been done the gelatin has to be sprinkled over it.
- It should be allowed to sit for around 5 to 7 minutes.
- When the process of sitting is on, you should get the heavy cream, along with vanilla and powdered sugar.
- All these should be placed in the bowl of a quality stand mixer. The mixer should have a whisker arrangement available.
- Alternately, you also could use a mixing bowl in case you are comfortable using an electric beater.
- You must wait for the gelatin to set.
- Once the gelatin has been fully set, the bowl should be placed in a microwave.
- Heat the contents and wait for the gelatin to turn fully into the liquid state. Wait for about 10 seconds after the gelatin has turned liquid.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and put it on the mixer. Start beating the cream.
- The mixer should run for around a minute in slow mode. Then you must turn the mixer to high mode.
- While the mixer is running, you must slowly pour the melted gelatin. Ensure that the pouring is done slowly and steadily in a stream.
- Continue with the process of beating the cream till it reaches the maximum possible stiffness.
- The stabilized whipped cream with the help of gelatin is now almost ready for consumption.
- Spread the cream of pipe whip it as you would like it to be.
Whipped Cream Related References
Comments are closed.