If you’re searching for a quick and effortless meal to serve your family on the weekend, this homemade three-bean casserole with bacon is ideal. It’s packed with protein that can be prepared and frozen for later, making it perfect for making ahead and freezing for quick weeknight reheating.
High protein meal
A baked three-bean casserole with bacon is a family favorite you can whip up quickly and easily using ingredients in your pantry. It’s a satisfying meal to serve at your next gathering.
This casserole is sweet, with smoky bacon for extra flavor. It makes the perfect side dish to have during holiday meals or cookouts!
This delicious and convenient lunch is ideal for anyone on a high-protein diet. Not only does it contain all the necessary nutrients your body needs, but it’s packed with flavor too!
Low-cost and family-friendly meal
Three-bean casserole is an economical dinner choice for families on a budget, as it requires minimal ingredients and preparation that will reduce your grocery bill.
This homemade dish is perfect for feeding the whole family and making delicious leftovers for another day’s delicious meals! Plus, it’s incredibly tasty and satisfying – plus, it can easily be prepared ahead of time to save both time and costs.
This straightforward baked bean recipe has been enhanced with extra bacon to enhance flavor and give it a rich, fatty texture. An incredibly satisfying meal can be served alongside side dishes like Dill Pickle Pasta Salad or mashed potatoes for an affordable weeknight dinner.
Fix ahead reheatable meal
Maintaining a freezer full of make-ahead meals can save time and money when feeding your family. Whether prepping for an unexpected baby shower, having an intense week at work or needing quick snacks when on the go, reheating frozen meals is the ideal solution.
This baked three-bean casserole with bacon is an irresistibly flavorful and convenient dish to have on hand for any gathering. It’s ideal for potlucks or dinner parties, and you can prepare it up to two days ahead of time for convenience.
These beans make a delicious accompaniment to hamburgers or steak and an irresistible side dish for barbecues. Add other ingredients like espresso to bring out the smokiness or substitute liquid smoke for an extra kick to amp up the flavors.
This recipe can also be cooled and stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Once frozen, it should last up to 3 months.
Wholesome and substantial weekday meal
For a nutritious and satisfying weekday meal, this baked three-bean casserole with bacon is sure to please. It’s easy to prepare beforehand; simply assemble everything before baking it in the refrigerator.
This casserole is ideal for using leftover meats or vegetables while adding more protein to your diet. You can even prepare it and freeze it for later reheating.
This recipe’s flavorful, spicy kick will please any crowd. Serve it alone or pair it with some pasta and a fresh green salad for an impressive meal.
You can assemble it in the morning, refrigerate for up to two days, or just pop it right into the oven when you’re ready to savor.
This baked casserole is a deceptively straightforward yet flavorful meal that can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Topped the casserole off with cheese, biscuits, or sour cream and, it’s sure to please everyone in your household!
If you’re craving a hearty and filling meal, this casserole you cannot go wrong! Not only is it tasty and nutritious, but it will also please even the pickiest of eaters!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound cannellini beans
- ½ pound kidney beans
- ½ pound pinto beans
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 green hot chili pepper (optional)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup water
- First, chop the onion, garlic, celery stalk, green pepper, and green chili pepper.
- Cook the bacon for about 10 minutes. Remove it from the pan, leaving the fat.
- In the same pan, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes; add the brown sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook for about 10 minutes until browned and no longer pink.
- Season with salt and ground pepper, and add cumin, smoked paprika, mustard, and BBQ sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the 3 types of beans, water, and cooked bacon. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the celery stalk, mix the composition, and take the pan off the heat.
- Put the mixture in a 9×13-inch baking pan. Put in the oven preheated to 375 degrees F and bake for about 1 hour.
- If you prefer, serve the beans with chili peppers!
- Makes 8 servings
- The green hot chili pepper is optional, making the recipe more kid-friendly. Also, not everyone enjoys spicy food, so skipping the green hot chili pepper is a safe bet.
- Adding a biscuit topping will add a wholesome finish to this Baked Three Bean Casserole. For quick and easy biscuit topping:
- Add one small can (4 1/2 oz.) of refrigerated biscuits.
- About 15 minutes before finishing the bake, cut the biscuits in half.
- Remove the casserole from the oven.
- arrange spaced evenly on top of the casserole.
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden brown.
Other Casserole Articles
- Recipe – Easy Cauliflower Casserole
- How to Reheat a Casserole
- Recipe – Chicken And Biscuit Pot Pie Casserole
- Recipe – Ham And Potato Casserole
- Recipe – Roast Vegetable Layered Casserole
- Recipe – Zucchini and Cheddar Casserole
- Recipe – Ground Beef Tamale Casserole
- Recipe – Blueberry and Cream Cheese French Toast Breakfast Casserole
- Recipe – Easy Vegetarian Bean Chili Casserole
- Recipe – Green Bean and Leek Casserole